Skip to main content

What type of applicant am I?

Photo for Ontario secondary school applicants

Ontario secondary school applicants

  • You are taking courses during the day at an Ontario secondary school (this includes students returning for second semester and graduated students returning to upgrade one or more courses).
  • You have received a PIN from your guidance office for your Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) application.

Photo for Ontario secondary school graduates

Ontario secondary school graduates

  • You have completed your senior year at a Canadian secondary school within the last 18 months.
  • You have no post-secondary education. 

Students conversing on campus

Canadian out-of-province high school applicants

You meet one of the following criteria:

  • You are currently completing your senior year in a Canadian secondary school outside of Ontario.
  • You have completed your secondary school diploma in a Canadian province or territory outside of Ontario, are under the age of 21, and have not attended any post-secondary institutions.

Photo for International applicants

International applicants

  • You are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  • You are not currently attending a Canadian high school day program (in Canada or abroad).
  • You are currently studying or have studied outside of Canada. 

Photo for Mature applicants

Mature applicants

  • You have not attended any post-secondary institution.
  • You have been away from formal education for at least two years.
  • You will have reached the age of 21 by December 31 of the year you apply.
  • You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Photo for Transfer applicants

Transfer applicants

  • You have previously attended or are currently enrolled at another Canadian post-secondary institution.

Photo for TEAS applicants

TEAS applicants

  • You are in your final year or possess an undergraduate degree.
  • You are interested in the Bachelor of Education program.

Photo for College-to-university transfer applicants

College-to-university transfer applicants

Students having a discussion

General Arts and Science (GAS) applicants

You meet one of the following criteria:

  • You are currently enrolled in a general arts and science (GAS) program at a recognized Ontario college.
  • You have graduated from a GAS program at a recognized Ontario college and have not pursued any other post-secondary education.

Photo for Home-schooled applicants

Home-schooled applicants

  • You have completed the Ontario secondary school curriculum (or equivalent) through a recognized home-schooling program.

Photo for Non-degree track applicants

Non-degree track applicants

  • Non-degree track applicant: You are a non-degree track student wanting to take one or two courses.
  • Visiting student: You are currently attending another post-secondary institution and received permission from your home institution to take a course at the university.

Photo for Former UOIT students

Former UOIT students

  • You previously studied at the university but did not earn a degree.

Photo for Graduates of UOIT

Graduates of UOIT

  • You have a degree from the university and you would like to do one of the following:
    • Take an additional course.
    • Enrol in another degree program.

Photo for Winter applicants

Winter applicants

Applications for January 2019 are closed. 

Photo for English for Academic Purposes (EAP)

English for Academic Purposes (EAP)

You are interested in improving your English prior to academic studies.

What Type of Applicant Am I?

Download viewbook Virtual Tour