Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Secondary school transcripts

A secondary school transcript is the official record of your secondary school academic achievement. The transcript includes:

  • The courses you have successfully completed.
  • Your final marks earned.
  • The credit value of each course.
  • Secondary school diploma status (if applicable).

How to submit a secondary school transcript:

  • Current Ontario secondary school students who apply online through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) will have their transcript sent from their high school to the university via OUAC.
  • All other applicants must have their secondary school transcript submitted directly to the university by the educational institution that issues it.
  • The university will accept a secondary school transcript in a signed, sealed envelope that you hand-deliver or mail to us if the issuing institution can’t submit it directly.

How to obtain an official transcript from an Ontario secondary school you attended:

If you left a publicly funded school within the past five years, you will likely be able to get your secondary school transcript (Ontario Student Transcript) from the last school you attended. However, some school boards maintain records in a central office, so you may be referred to the board to obtain your transcript.

If you left a publicly funded school more than five years ago, or if the school you attended is no longer in operation, you should contact the school board (not the school).

You can use the School Board Finder on the Ontario Ministry of Education’s website to find:

  • Public school and separate school addresses.
  • Addresses for public and separate school boards.

Information about school authorities is available on the Ministry of Education website.

Addresses for private schools are available from the directory of Private Elementary and Secondary Schools.

If a private secondary school you attended is no longer in operation, please contact:

Ontario Ministry of Education
Corporate Co-ordination office
900 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario M7A 1L2

Transcripts can be emailed to or mailed to: 

Office of the Registrar - Admissions
Ontario Tech University
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, Ontario L1G 0C5

Ask a question Virtual Tour